Friday, February 05, 2010

Something to consider...

The problem with constant reading is that I note things down and then forget where they came from so if anyone can discover the book and author for this quote I would be appreciative...meanwhile...what he/she has to say is a telling commentary on the Illawarra Lutheran Church and asks the big question. Please read on...


All living things grow -- you don't have to make them grow. It's the natural thing for living organisms to do if they are healthy. For example, I don't have to command my three children to grow. They naturally grow. As long as I remove hindrances such as poor nutrition or an unsafe environment, their growth will be automatic. If my kids don't grow, something has gone terribly wrong. Lack of growth usually indicates an unhealthy situation, possibly a disease.

In the same way, since the church is a living organism, it is natural for it to grow if it is healthy. The church is a body, not a business. It is an organism, not an organization. It is alive. If a church is not growing, it is dying. [p. 16]

The right question: What is keeping our church from growing?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home