Friday, May 16, 2014

It's been awhile...

It's been a couple of months since I put anything down in this blog. Probably because I cam working through one of those times in life trying to figure out who I am now and where I want to be in the coming years.  Sadly, but no clear answers yet.  However there are some developing ideas.  The text from 1 Peter 2:2-10 inspired me to put something out there this week.  In this portion of the letter there are some telling comments about just who I am, or maybe, who I am called to be in Christ.  Phrases like 'living stones', 'royal priests', 'holy nation', 'God's own people' make me stop and think.  Are these words describing who I am  or who I am meant to be?  And just what does that mean in terms of everyday living?  How do I fulfill the role of royal priest or living stone?  What does it mean to be part of a holy nation or God's own people?  Big questions. I'm still working on the answers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home